So here's something new. My editor really liked the recent anime of this, and as I'm always randomly picking up new, wordy junk figured I might as well do something he'd actually enjoy for once (I'd actually had another new wordy piece of junk to release alongside this but didn't feel well enough to QC it in time).
If you're not familiar with Mahoujin it's a cutesy, fairly old JRPG-style manga which is just a really fun, easy-going series. 10 chapters were previously TLed but the quality's somewhat dubious (not that I should throw stones while in my glass house), and I never like picking up from where others drop stuff anyway. For the TL I'll be cribbing town names and the like from the anime's sub, because I'm not particularly creative when it comes to puns, and I assume most will probably be familiar with those names now anyway.
And then we have what might well be the penultimate chapter of Yuzumori. While nothing official has strictly come through, the listing for volume five popped up on Amazon the other day and it included a mention that the series would be complete with volume five. Given the past few volumes have all had six chapters this would make 33, out this Sunday, the finale. Though I guess Ejima could always split it or something. We'll have to see.
The synopsis of the fifth volume is the same on all places, that is, on Shogakukan, Comics Shogakukan, Amazon Japan, Rakuten and Honto and I could say that all of those websites published the synopsis at nearly the same time, so this is basically a official synopsis and not a fail made by Amazon
ReplyDeleteI have also done the math that there is a average of 6 or 7 chapters and 124 or 128 pages per volume, but the fifth volume will be slightly longer with a total of 144 pages and that is sufficient to accomodate the chapter 33 as a average length chapter and as the seventh and final chapter of the volume. Seeing that the last chapter will be of average length and the fifth volume release will be little more than sex weeks after the last chapter publication on next Monday, I think that chapter 33 wil be published as a one-part chapter and not as a two-part chapter, otherwise the publication of the last part would hit pretty close to the volume release and both parts would be pretty short.
Ejima Eri has not talked about the end of Yuzumori, at least not on Twitter or her blog, same thing happens with Yawaspi, so it seems they are playing dumb and they do not want to spoil to the people the surprise about the series finale, as it looks only a handful of people both on Twitter and Yawaspi have expresed how they are sad about the series coming soon to an end, so there will be a good amount of people that will be surprised next Monday.
Yeah that'd make sense, suppose we'll see for sure this Sunday!
Delete