Saturday, 9 July 2016

Imuri Ch. 1

So according to Manga Updates today will mark my 100th release. It's not a necessarily useful marker considering I've done over a hundred individual chapters anyway, but ever one to celebrate pointless milestones I figured I'd do something at least a little different for this release.

This then is the first chapter of Imuri. It's a fairly long running sci-fi series following the adventures of Dulk, a gifted young man who gets involved in a series of events spanning two planets. It's a fairly unique manga, and I honestly struggle to think of any similar series to compare it to (at least non one-shots).

I'd actually started on it months back but finally decided to at least get something out for it on this pointless milestone. The chapters pretty damn long at 70~ pages and there's a bunch of irritating phrases and sayings in it (which I'll inevitably end up changing at a later date) which all contributed to my slow slow pace.

One thing I guess I should mention is that the art for the series can be hit or miss for people. While I really like it personally there's a bunch of reviews for it which don't think too highly of it, and it's fairly detached from what one might expect of a manga so YMMV.

Considering I've had a slow week otherwise next up will probably be Survival then Chainsaw, then I may at last get to the other things I've been delaying for a while now. We'll see I guess.

Read Online | Download

6 comments:

  1. Thanks, I was waiting that someone pick up this manga.
    Great work!! Looking forward for more chapters!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been watching Imuri since before it reached the 10-volume mark, so I'd pretty much given up hope of ever seeing the series in English. Over the moon to see someone's finally giving it attention!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the release. I was hoping someone would try this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much!
    But I hope I will see Somali soon xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Dumbnut;
    I wanted to express my heartfelt gratitude for translating the manga. Your efforts have allowed me to enjoy this amazing story and characters.
    Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication.

    I was wondering if it would be possible for you to translate more chapters of the manga in the future. I'm eagerly looking forward to reading the next parts of the story.

    Once again, thank you for your amazing work, and I hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's unlikely, I'm behind on a lot of my other series as is.

      Delete