So here's chapter nine of Survival. In the chapter we have what was something of a unique translation experience for me, as you shall see in good time. Half of this chapter was actually cleaned/edited by my QC (hence why the double spreads are stitched together for once) which helped me along a lot (I guess I also can't call Dumbnut a strictly solo project now!).
There's two things I should probably note in the chapter. The first is Neko Irazu. As explained in the TL note I left, it seems to be a brand of Japanese rodenticide, and literally means without cat (I would however advise against searching for it in English as it's the pen-name of a very NSFW artist). I'd considered changing it to something like Cat No Need but it was all a bit clumsy so chose to leave it as the Japanese name. The second point is the protagonist's mention of eating puffer fish; despite being presented as a saying, it seems to be something Saito made up completely.
Moving on from Survival, the manga volumes which I ordered have supposedly arrived so as soon as they're scanned I'll be able to get on with those. Given this and the fact I'm already working on a few things it''ll probably be something of another wait for the next release, but I'll try to be quick.
This is a great series thank you.
ReplyDeletethank you so much.
ReplyDeleteขอบคุณมากๆครับ
ReplyDeleteชอบเรื่องนี้มากๆ